Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Save the Bay Delta

Just a quick one here. I am appalled by some of the discussions of water resources out here in the Central Valley in California. I know there is a long history here relating to the allocation of water but we are risking destroying an incredible ecosystem in the Bay Delta by dishing out water rights like they are candy (not to mention the pollution, pesticides, antibiotics and other crap (literally) we allow to flow into the Delta. So here is a plug for a petition being circulated relating to one of the latest US Bureau of Reclamation activities in this area.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, this will get more and more common with increasing number of people in places where there is little water.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...