Monday, November 19, 2007

How to keep track of genome projects - GOLD - Genomes Online Database

A new paper on GOLD - the Genomes On Line Database has been published in Nucleic Acids Research. GOLD is an amazing resource for those interested in microbial genomes ... there are so many genome projects out there that it is VERY hard to keep track of them. GOLD does this for you.

Plus it has data organized in nice ways (like by phylogenetic trees) and you can also download all the information. If you want a nice survey of genome projects, check out the statistics page.

4 comments:

  1. From the stats page: http://www.genomesonline.org/images/gold_s9.gif

    Protists? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I will badger them about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, I was looking for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also stumbled upon diArk recently which is a lot of the same things, but specifically for eukaryotic genome projects.

    http://www.diark.org/diark/

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...