Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mini post: Microbial forensics

A few months old here but there is a very interesting post from the Science Media Centre in New Zealand: Science Media Centre: Microbes in soil could help fight crime.  The post describes attempts to use microbes in soil as part of forensic activities.  This relates in many ways to my call for a "Field Guide to Microbes".

I have been interested in microbial forensics for many years since I worked at TIGR on part of the project to study anthrax genomes.  For those interested in microbe-related forensic activities I have created a Mendeley collection of references on the topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...