Monday, February 17, 2014

Must read of the month: Show Me the Policy (on diversity at conferences)

Quick post here:

As many know I am a bit obsessed with the issue of gender balance at conferences.  And thus I was so happy to read the following post: show me the policy | cubist crystal.  It details how one can help improve diversity at meetings by making sure meeting organizers have a diversity policy in place.  It even gives suggested wording to answer invitations.  It has links to sites with information about diversity at meetings and links to other sites trying to collate information about meetings and their diversity.  The post is by Jenny Martin - a structural biologist and it should be required reading for all academics.

Hat tip to Karen James for pointing me to this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...